elenalikesbooks

Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

Sisters Red

Sisters Red - I didn't much care for Jackson Pearce's first novel, As You Wish, but I'm so glad I gave her a second chance, as this book is excellent! A friend and I had just been discussing the disturbing lack of sister duos in speculative fiction when there are so many pairs of brothers running around killing evil things, and then along came Sisters Red to fill in the gap! I really enjoyed the internal conflict here, and I also enjoyed the way it was resolved (I'm being deliberately vague to avoid spoilers). Sisters Red also did something different with the werewolf myth, which I appreciate. As much as I sometimes enjoy the sexy monsters, it's something of a relief to have monsters being good old fashioned monsters on occasion.As an aside, the cover art is beautiful, but also slightly confusing because I spent most of the book fighting the belief that Scarlett had red hair and Rosie had black (they have the same color hair, which I'm not sure is even specified except that it's perhaps dark).