elenalikesbooks

Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

Nobody

Nobody - Jennifer Lynn Barnes JLB is so incredibly hit or miss for me. I adored [b:Every Other Day|11750412|Every Other Day|Jennifer Lynn Barnes|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349024061s/11750412.jpg|13356589]. I gave five stars to [b:Raised by Wolves|6905534|Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)|Jennifer Lynn Barnes|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320520541s/6905534.jpg|7129899] but was so ticked off by the last book in that trilogy that I gave it just one star. I'm afraid this one was another miss.This book was just too...teenagerish for me. Which is a weird complaint to make of a YA novel, I know. But bear with me. First there's the premise: Protagonists Claire and Nix are Nobodies, which means that they are pretty much totally unnoticeable all the time. I mean, when she was little, Claire's parents had to post a note on their back door to remind them to check to make sure she was with them when they got home. Often, she wasn't. Nix has been raised to be an assassin because he can pretty much just walk up to someone and kill them and no one will notice. And what could more embody the essence of teenagerhood than feeling totally unnoticed?I was actually okay with that premise, because it does sort of literalize (it's a word because I say it is) the teenager experience in what could be a really cool way. However, Claire and Nix proceed to angst about their Nobody-ness constantly. For the entire book. Or, well, the half I got through before throwing in the towel. The teen angst about no one seeing them dripped from every. single. freaking. page.Also: insta-love.I couldn't take it. Alas.