elenalikesbooks

Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

Seer of Sevenwaters

Seer of Sevenwaters - Juliet Marillier 3.5 stars. For me, this book was better than Heir to Sevenwaters, but still not quite up to the standards of the original trilogy. While Marillier's books always start slow, this one just kept on being slow up until Felix, the amnesiac, finally recovered his memory. One of the things that has really come to bother me in novels is when characters spend most of the book not really comprehending the situation in which they find themselves. In this case, Felix's amnesia (and a fair bit of assumption on the part of the other characters) meant that no one figured out who the bad guy was for ages, and they were all just wandering around sort of aimlessly. I like books where the characters know most of what's going on, know the stakes, and save the day using their wits and some butt-kicking. This book involved some of that, which is why it gets 3.5 stars. But most of it came late in the book.