elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

Dream Country: 3 (The sandman)

The Sandman, Vol. 3: Dream Country - Charles Vess, Colleen Doran, Steve Erickson, Malcolm Jones III, Kelly   Jones, Neil Gaiman Every time I read a volume of Sandman, I desperately hope I'll love it. Then I get a sinking feeling as I read and find myself bored and unimpressed, and I start to fear that someone is going to show up at my door and revoke my nerd card. Because everyone loves Sandman. You can't be a nerd without adoring this series, whether or not you like any other graphic novel series. I...do not adore this series.It seemed like it took me ages to get through the Midsummer Night's Dream section of this book in particular--I was bored out of my mind. My major issue with the series as a whole is that I don't connect with the recurring characters. I find myself latching onto minor secondary characters who appear for just a brief time, and then I'm supremely disappointed that they don't reappear. Dream bores me to tears. The art is pretty cool, I guess, if you read for art, but I'm definitely a words and story person, so that doesn't really carry much weight with me.Now that I've forced myself through three volumes, I think I can definitively say that this series is not for me. I've given it several tries, and I just don't like it.Please don't take my nerd card away.