elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

River Marked (Mercy Thompson Series #6)

River Marked - Patricia Briggs 3.5 stars. I love this series. This book took Mercy and Adam away from the other usual (and, at this point, huge) cast to allow us to get more insight into their relationship, which I really enjoyed (I'm definitely an Adam fan). And I liked getting to meet some new characters. However, Briggs obviously did a really exciting research trip for this book, and she felt the need to overshare. There was way too much background detail on the setting and history that detracted from the actual story. Once she got that out of the way though (about halfway through the book), things really picked up, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. A good addition to the series.P.S. The covers of this series continue to distress me. Mercy has one tattoo. One. Also, I hate the way this one in particular is horribly stereotyped. "Of course she has to have feathered earrings and a fringed leather vest--how else would anyone know she's American Indian???" Gah.