elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

Don't Bargain with the Devil (School for Heiresses Series #5)

Don't Bargain with the Devil (School for Heiresses Series #5) - I think Sabrina Jeffries can now officially be added to the extremely short list of my favorite romance authors. This book was pretty awesome. Non-English hero in a Regency romance? Not a single bit of the book set in London? An obstacle to the main characters being together that wasn't just stubbornness or miscommunication (an obstacle that honestly left me wondering how on earth they would manage to work it out with neither making major sacrifices)? The heroine making a conscious and clear-headed (if slightly influenced by outside pressures) decision to have sex with the hero and approaching him about it on her own terms...and then him nevertheless asking for consent several times? Hell yes. (Also, he is a magician. I have a slight weakness for magician characters from this era.) This book isn't amazing enough that people who aren't fans of Regency romance will like it, but for fans of the genre, it's certainly one of the better specimens, and Jeffries is one of the better authors.