elenalikesbooks

Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

Vampire Lover

Vampire Lover (Harlequin Presents) - Charlotte Lamb This book is hilarious. My friends and I found it sitting on a bookshelf when we moved into our house, and we ended up reading the entire thing aloud to one another. It was like a train wreck we just couldn't look away from. The main character starts out seeming reasonable, if kind of bland with a side of bitchy, but by the end she's crazy enough that she should be institutionalized due to her obsession with the male lead. She also commits several serious crimes for which she could (and should, IMO) serve hard prison time. What a relatable heroine...Ms. Lamb's physical descriptions are a treat too. The sheer number of times she refers to Denzil's pupils using a variety of descriptive adjectives (I think "glistening" is my favorite) is astonishing. And don't get me started on the sex scenes. They have to be read to be believed.Don't read this if you're a serious reader of romance, but it could serve as a really fun party activity (particularly if the guests have had a drink or two). I regret that the book got left behind when we moved.