elenalikesbooks

Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore

Prophecy

Prophecy - Note: This review is based on an electronic ARC of this title I received from the publisher.3.5 stars.Based on the blurb for this book, I was expecting something that was sort of [b:Eon: Dragoneye Reborn|2986865|Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1)|Alison Goodman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1299076175s/2986865.jpg|3017319] meets [b:Graceling|3236307|Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)|Kristin Cashore|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1331548394s/3236307.jpg|3270810]. Namely, I expected awesome. Oh delivered to a limited extent, but I just didn't connect with the characters. I agree with other reviewers that the plot was so fast-paced that there wasn't really enough time to let events sink in. Not only was the reader left without time to think things over, but the characters also had no time for reflection, and that took away from their development.Still, it was overall a fairly fun read and I might pick up book two.