elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
Delirium  - Lauren Oliver 3.5 stars. I wanted to like this book, but throughout nearly my entire reading of it, I just felt like I'd already read it. It is so similar to other dystopian YA novels that I just couldn't get worked up over it. It reminded me particularly of Matched. If I'd read Delirium first, I probably would have liked it more. On the other hand, this book also made me think about a comment my friend Susanna made a while back, about being sick of dystopian novels in which ignorant girls are enlightened about the malignant nature of their societies by rebel boys. And so I couldn't help but roll my eyes as Lena was gently led astray by the "Invalid" Alex.However, my favorite part of the book was the last bit, and I'm actually looking forward to see where Oliver takes the second. Hopefully Lena will have a bit more agency.