elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
The Shadow Reader - Sandy Williams I had my qualms with this book (yet another love triangle? Really?), but at its core, this book is solid, fun, page-turning urban fantasy, and I'm excited to see where the author takes the series. And despite my mild bitching about the love triangle, I really enjoyed the fact that McKenzie actually makes a choice in the very first book, unlike the heroines involved in most fictional love triangles these days. She waffles for a while, but then she chooses. Tough nuts for the other guy. Things will still be awkward for the characters in book two, but awkward in a different way from the neverending "WHO WILL SHE CHOOSE IN THE END?" tension that is getting so, so old for me.I would definitely recommend this to urban fantasy fans--it's a great debut from Ms. Williams.