elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
How Beauty Saved the Beast - Jax Garren Note: I received an electronic ARC of this title through NetGalley.In my 3.5 star review of [b:How Beauty Met the Beast|16078823|How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #1)|Jax Garren|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349882106s/16078823.jpg|21876211] I wrote that I was crossing my fingers that Jax Garren would get better over time because I appreciated a lot of things about the book but didn't feel it lived up to its potential. Well, Ms. Garren did get better, and this book certainly lived up to its potential.There was a lot more action here, a lot more plot, and a lot more fun. I loved all the conflicts including the interpersonal ones, and eagerly turned pages. The relationship between Jolie and Hauk is unfolding beautifully, tentatively, and realistically, but also, y'know, hotly. I really love both of them as characters, and only occasionally want to hit one of them for being dense. Luckily, they seem to take turns being dense so I don't have to be outraged on behalf of one of them.I thought the first book dragged a little, but when I reached the end of this book I could hardly believe it. I am pouting a little bit because I really want to read more. Immediately. Luckily I don't have long to wait. Carina Press is doing things a little differently with this series, with only three months between the publication of each book. I am all over that publishing schedule. I'm not sure how many authors would be excited about it, but as a reader...YES, PLEASE. One book every three months sounds about perfect to me. I am eagerly awaiting [b:How Beauty Loved the Beast|16110881|How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #3)|Jax Garren|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1355237399s/16110881.jpg|22515182] in May, and crossing my fingers that I'll be lucky enough to get an ARC of that title too...