elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
Chantress - Amy Butler Greenfield Note: I received an electronic ARC of this book from the publisher.This book is sort of a cross between [b:Star Crossed|7877549|Star Crossed (Thief Errant, #1)|Elizabeth C. Bunce|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328839393s/7877549.jpg|11068967], [b:The Singer of All Songs|489612|The Singer of All Songs (Chanters of Tremaris, #1)|Kate Constable|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328867645s/489612.jpg|2987930], and some book where the main character spends most of her time shut away in a dark basement studying.The shut-away-studying part wasn't as boring as it could have been, but, well, it was a little boring, and I wish the plot had been a bit more intricate. It was fairly straightforward sort of three step plot:1. Learn about the bad guy's evil doings.2. Learn how to defeat the bad guy.3. Defeat the bad guy.I liked this book enough to finish it, but probably not enough to read the second one unless I start seeing really amazing reviews.