elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
Stray - Rachel Vincent Things I liked about this book:* The way Faythe rips out her captor and would-be rapist's throat, lets him die a slow suffocation death, and doesn't suffer crippling regret about it afterwards* Jace* Andrew, whom we met via two stilted phone conversations but who nevertheless managed to make a better impression on me than just about any of the other characters in the book. (I am worried about that boy! I knew something horrible was going to happen as soon as he mentioned feeling under the weather. The Andrew situation is the thing that makes me almost-kinda-but-no-not-really want to pick up the second book. Maybe I'll read a synopsis or something.)Aaaaand that's it. Everything else was horrible, from Faythe's idiocy and hypocrisy to Marc's unbelievable jerkfacedness (we're supposed to like him?!) to the awful, awful plot.I had read some negative reviews of this book, but I guess I thought the things that bothered others might not bother me as much, because I actually read and really, really enjoyed Vincent's other adult books, [b:Blood Bound|12096557|Blood Bound (Unbound, #1)|Rachel Vincent|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1341915288s/12096557.jpg|15080228] and [b:Shadow Bound|11000229|Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2)|Rachel Vincent|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1319642300s/11000229.jpg|15918993]. I was wrong. I was so, so wrong, and I regret not listening to the reviews. This is the worst first book in a paranormal series that I have read in a long time.