elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
The Dressmaker - Kate Alcott 3.5 stars. Not my usual cup of tea, which is why I read it. It got bogged down a bit in the middle and got a little heavy-handed with theme near the end, but it was an overall solid read.I especially appreciated that this book went beyond surviving the sinking of the Titanic and examined what came next--survivor guilt, media frenzy, hearings full of lies and half-truths, etc.The book follows enough characters that even though they occasionally felt flat or annoyed me, the POV was switched up often enough to hold my interest. So when I was exasperated with Tess, we switched to brash reporter Pinky Wade, and when Pinky started to wear on me, we'd get a glimpse of Lucille, and so on.One thing I really didn't like about the book was the love triangle. ARGH. I AM SO SICK OF THEM. Love triangles have been all the rage in YA and urban fantasy, my primary genres of choice, so I was hoping to escape them with a foray into historical fiction, but no such luck. I did manage to enjoy the story despite the contrived and unnecessary love triangle though.