elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
Spell Bound - Rachel Hawkins 3.5 stars. I was a little underwhelmed by this one, mostly because I kept seeing reviews about FEELING ALL THE FEELINGS that had tons of spoiler tags, so I was expecting high drama. I didn't think it was so bad, feelings-wise. I mean, if an author doesn't kill off a good guy every once in a while I start to lose respect for them, so I think overall it was a good move on Rachel Hawkins' part. And I wasn't that attached to Cal anyway. Honestly, throughout the book I was half expecting him to end up being a traitor, so when he sacrificed himself to save Sophie, I was all, "Oh, guess I was wrong then. Huh."Overall, I can agree that this book felt a little rushed and haphazard, and some things that happened seemed to happen for convenience's sake and not because they actually made sense. Mostly though, I feel satisfied with the conclusion to the series. It could have been a stronger finale, but it also could have been a lot worse.