elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith I picked this book up because I saw it compared to Anna and the French Kiss. Anna and the French Kiss was adorable and funny and had a plot. This book was no Anna.There was romance, so there's a similarity. Oliver is less of a jerk than Etienne (sorry, Anna fans, but Etienne is a wanker), which was a plus. ...It was pretty much the book's only plus.I don't fly very often, but when I do, I find myself spinning stories in my head about exciting and interesting things that could happen to me on the trip. To me, airports just seem like places full of possibility. This book...read like one of my idle airport fantasies, wherein some adorable boy helps me with my luggage and makes me laugh and sits next to me on the plane, where we fall asleep with our heads on each other's shoulders and also fall in love, and after the flight ends we date and get married and live happily ever after. I don't think it needs saying that my idle airport fantasies wouldn't make a terribly good novel. This author's idle airport fantasies didn't make a good novel either.One problem the book suffers from is that it is really, really short, and only covers a single day. Hadley and Oliver meet in an airport, fly to London in seats next to each other, separate at the London airport, find each other in London, separate again, and find each other again. Then they presumably live happily ever after, because that's how romances go. Now you know more or less everything about the book. Sure, there are some pesky little details about Hadley and Oliver's respective reasons for visiting London, but who cares?I read this book through to the end because it was short and I was hoping something exciting would happen. Nothing exciting happened. There's nothing truly objectionable to The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, but there's not really anything to cheer about either. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for my Anna and the French Kiss readalikes.