elenalikesbooks

The Thousand Names
Django Wexler
The Duchess Hunt
Jennifer Haymore
StarCrossed - Elizabeth C. Bunce This book seemed like it would be my perfect book, and there are certainly many things about it which I love. Among them:* A thief main character. I love sneaky types in my fiction.* Bad guys who have relateable motivations and even maybe some admirable qualities but who are scary as heck anyway. (Bunce gets MEGA BONUS POINTS for this one, because usually fantasy villains are all like, "I am evil because I want to rule the world, and I want to rule the world because I am evil! Muahahaha!")* A good guy who turns out to not be terribly heroic when the chips are down.However, the middle third or so of the book seemed to really lag for me. There was a section where Digger wasn't really interacting with anyone on any sort of meaningful level, just sneaking around being sneaky and angsting about it, and I got really bored. I'm glad I stuck with the book anyway though, because then Digger met a certain character, and all of a sudden the book had life again, and it was all good for the rest of the book. I'll definitely be reading the second one.